Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Half-Truths and Misrememberings

On a tight timeline, so have to resort to some Obama quotes today...

PUBLIC FINANCING OF ELECTION
"If I am the Democratic nominee, I will aggressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election." -- September 2007

"We've made the decision not to participate in the public financing system for the general election." -- June 2008

TOWN HALL MEETINGS
"I love the town-hall meetings, where I'm just interacting with voters, and they're asking me questions and making comments. There's an exchange there that's real. I hear their stories... that actually is what then informs my speeches and the message that I'm delivering." -- Rolling Stone, June 2008

Obama campaign manager David Plouffe said in a statement... that (Obama) offered to meet McCain in five joint appearances between now and the Nov. 4 election. But only one of those was a town hall meeting. -- June 2008

DEFINING MARRIAGE
"And that is why I oppose the divisive and discriminatory efforts to amend the California Constitution, and similar efforts to amend the U.S. Constitution or those of other states." -- June 2008

"Barack Obama has always believed that same-sex couples should enjoy equal rights under the law, and he will continue to fight for civil unions as president. He respects the decision of the California Supreme Court, and continues to believe that states should make their own decisions when it comes to the issue of marriage." -- May 2008

Barack Obama...no better than a "typical" politician

-- Submitted by R Wellesley

No comments: